posted May 15, 2019
The M&R Senior Manager will supervise day-to-day maintenance activities at CYs and rail ramps in the Chicago area and work in conjunction with Logistics’ needs.
- Monitor and control M&R costs for chassis within the region
- Monitor and control OOS equipment levels to include repair estimate approval and repair limit compliance
- Instruct vendors and ensure that DCLI inspection and repair standards are adhered to on all equipment repairs
- Conduct regular visits to CYs within the region to ensure that all M&R issues are addressed and that company policies are enforced. Provide trip reports to the Regional Director detailing the purpose and findings of the visits.
- Ensure that documentation (i.e., invoicing, parts delivery receipts, work orders) are completed within the required time frame
- Ensure M&R contracts are implemented and current with all outside repair vendors within the region
- Assist in selecting repair vendors within the region
- Insure that 3P (damage recovery) documentation is being provided to the Charlotte office for invoicing
- Assist locations within the region in continuously pursuing ways to reduce overall M&R expense while ensuring that service levels are not compromised
- Approve invoice for M&R related activities and services up to $10,000
- Point person in region for trucker load program
- Support the company’s commitment to safety
- Perform other job-related duties as required
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the transportation industry
- Prior experience in equipment maintenance or terminal operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Conscientious, dependable, self-starter, and highly organized
- Ability to travel as needed
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.