posted February 6, 2019
The Road Service Coordinator will assist in the daily operations of DCLI’s emergency roadside service, providing assistance to over 130,000 DCLI-managed chassis nationwide. They will assess and diagnose chassis failures and dispatch the appropriate service to customers based on the nature of each breakdown.
- Receive inbound calls from DCLI customers in need of road service
- Assist with email service requests as needed due to volume
- Assess and diagnose chassis failures through careful inquiry
- Through DCLI’s chassis management system, determine the nature of the failure and make determination as to whether each situation is indeed an emergency or service requested by the customer at DCLI’s expense.
- Through DCLI’s chassis management system, identify the unit in need of service, when and from where the unit last out-gated, whether the unit is eligible for road service, and whether it is a DCLP, pool, or net lease chassis.
- Consider a variety of other factors to determine course of action:
- Is the chassis loaded or empty?
- Distance to port, rail, container yard, or delivery destination
- Nature of event – tire only, tire and mechanical, catastrophic event, etc.
- Dispatch appropriate vendor accordingly
- Maintain log of all road service events from implementation to closeout
- Assist with managing DCLI’s road service application with road service vendors/suppliers
- Monitor road service email and phone call requests after hours on select days weekly, as assigned or arranged
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- High school diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strongly prefer three to five years of experience in maintenance and repair of Class 8 trailing equipment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and environment, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask: handling multiple calls simultaneously, following up on each event, and seeing it through to completion
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good listening skills, problem-solving orientation, and sense of urgency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a professional corporate environment
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.