DEI initiatives at DCLI are driven by its DEI Council, a cross functional group of employees who operate under the following key principles which are derived from our Core Values:
- Diversity – DCLI recognizes and values the diversity of our employees and strives to create a workplace that is inclusive of all people, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We seek to attract, retain, and develop a diverse workforce at all levels of our organization that reflects the customers and communities we serve.
- Equity – DCLI is committed to promoting fairness and equity in all aspects of our business, from hiring and promotion, to pay and benefits.
- Inclusion – DCLI believes that a culture of inclusion is essential to the success of our business. We strive to create an environment where everyone feels welcomed, valued, and supported, and where diverse perspectives and experiences are recognized and respected. We encourage open communication, active listening, and constructive feedback to ensure that everyone has a voice and can contribute to our collective success.
The DEI Council oversees four Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which were developed based on employee feedback:
- Asian/Men of Color – the mission of this group is to assist the organization in becoming a more diverse and inclusive workplace by ensuring a fair representation of men of color within DCLI leadership and across the organization though awareness training, innovative solutions, and measurable goals in order to make DCLI a better place to work for every employee.
- Caregiving – this ERG’s mission is to provide all DCLI employees who are caregivers with the equitable and inclusive information, resources, and programs that they need to help balance their individual circumstances and responsibilities between their jobs and those for whom they provide care.
- LGBTQ+ – the mission of this ERG is to promote and foster a safe, inclusive, and respectful workplace where the LGBTQ+ community and allies can be their authentic selves.
- People with Disabilities – this group’s mission is to enable people with disabilities to achieve the highest level of job performance and satisfaction by providing education and meaningful accommodations to DCLI employees and their communities.
Based on our efforts in this space, we are thrilled to have been honored with the TPM23 DEI award for Standout DEI Recruitment Initiative. Read more about the award here.