We are working hard to reach our goal of 100% radial tires on our chassis fleet in the Gulf Port markets and Memphis in 2021.
Benefits of converting our chassis to radial tires:
- Reliability: The tread of a radial tire does a better job of gripping the road and provides improved durability
- Protection: Radials have a thick shoulder that protects the interior from shocks and damage
- Economy: There’s less rolling resistance so you use less fuel on radial tires
- Stability: Radial tires provide more stability and less vibration
- Durability: Radial tires last longer in part because they generate less heat
- Sustainability: Radial tire conversion helps lower the number of tire changes per chassis each year saving approximately 60,000 tires annually while improving fuel efficiency to help lower fuel consumption by as much as 10%
The graphs below show the percentage of chassis that have been converted to radial tires.
Last Updated: April 1, 2021
We have reached 100% radialization in New Orleans!
Read our press release about acheiving this milestone.