In the event of an accident, or lost or stolen equipment, you are required to promptly notify DCLI and complete a Road Incident Report.
Immediately following an accident, the Motor Carrier should contact the appropriate law enforcement agency. Please note that DCLI Critical Road Service DOES NOT provide assistance in this regard.
Reporting an Accident
To report an accident to DCLI, please follow the procedure outlined below:
- Complete the Road Incident Report form and return it, along with a copy of the police report, photographs, and any other supporting documentation to Patrick Valentine
- If the chassis was secured through a chassis pool, please also contact the pool manager to report the accident and complete any forms as directed
- Contact your local insurance carrier to report the accident
Following the accident and in accordance with the above steps, DCLI will contact the Motor Carrier to determine the status of the chassis and provide further instruction. This may include, but is not limited to, repair of the chassis. These determinations are at the sole discretion of DCLI and will be communicated directly to the Motor Carrier.
- If the chassis is deemed repairable, the Motor Carrier should coordinate the return of the chassis for estimation and repairs to the closest Start/Stop location. A list of “Specialty Chassis Locations” can be found at here.
- If the chassis is deemed unrepairable, the Motor Carrier will be contacted to discuss options for retrieval/disposal of the equipment
- At all times, the Motor Carrier is responsible for any charges associated with the towing, storage, and relocation of the chassis
Reporting Lost or Stolen Equipment
To report a lost or stolen chassis, please follow the procedure outlined below:
- Complete the Lost/Stolen Report form and return it to Kevin Hasting and Ashley Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the chassis has been stolen, please provide a copy of the police report and any supporting documentation
- If the chassis was secured through a chassis pool, please also contact the pool manager and complete any forms as directed
Upon review of the report, the Motor Carrier will be contacted regarding equipment billing and charges.
Requesting a Replacement Chassis
If the chassis was secured through a chassis pool, the Motor Carrier should contact the pool manager to discuss a replacement. If the chassis was secured through a net lease, the Motor Carrier should contact a DCLI sales representative to discuss replacement options.
Please Note: The reports on this page were created in Adobe Acrobat. Please download Acrobat Reader to complete the forms on your computer.