In the event of an accident or other road incident with a chassis, you are required to promptly notify DCLI and complete a Road Incident Report.
Immediately following an accident, the Motor Carrier should contact the appropriate law enforcement agency. Please note that DCLI Road Service DOES NOT provide assistance in these instances.
Reporting an Accident
To report an accident to DCLI, please follow the procedure outlined below:
- Complete the Road Incident Report Form and return it, along with a copy of the police report, photographs, and any other supporting documentation to Ashley Moore
- If the chassis was secured through a chassis pool, please also contact the pool manager to report the accident and complete any forms as directed
- Contact your local insurance carrier to report the accident
Following the accident and in accordance with the above steps, DCLI will contact the Motor Carrier to determine the status of the chassis and provide further instruction. This may include, but is not limited to, repair of the chassis. These determinations are at the sole discretion of DCLI and will be communicated directly to the Motor Carrier.
- If the chassis is deemed repairable, the Motor Carrier should coordinate the return of the chassis for estimation and repairs to the closest Start/Stop location. A list of “Specialty Chassis Locations” can be found at here.
- If the chassis is deemed unrepairable, the Motor Carrier will be contacted to discuss options for retrieval/disposal of the equipment
- At all times, the Motor Carrier is responsible for any charges associated with the towing, storage, and relocation of the chassis
Requesting a Replacement Chassis
If the chassis was secured through a chassis pool, the Motor Carrier should contact the pool manager to discuss a replacement. If the chassis was secured through a net lease, the Motor Carrier should contact a DCLI sales representative to discuss replacement options.
Please Note: The form on this page was created in Adobe Acrobat. Please download Acrobat Reader to complete the form on your computer.